If you would like to research material from our collections, please carefully read our ‘Terms and Conditions’, before completing the ‘Research Request Form’. All completed forms should be sent, either by post or email, to the address given in the Contact section.
Terms and Conditions
The EMI Archive Trust Terms and Conditions
1. Readers wishing to undertake research should write to the Archivist detailing their proposal. This should include as much information as possible on what material is required and the purpose of the research. The Archivist may require further information before conﬁrming whether the proposed research may be undertaken.
2. No material can be consulted before the reader has signed and returned an Access and Research Agreement to the Archivist.
3. The Archivist reserves the right to grant limited research permission with respect to some of the reader’s proposed purposes but not all of them.
4. Access to the archive is granted at the sole discretion of the Archivist, and only by prior arrangement.
5. On arrival, readers must sign the Access and Research Agreement and the Visitors book.
6. All bags and coats must be left in the cloakroom
7. No food or drink is permitted in the Research room. Although there are no catering facilities on-site, readers are welcome to use our reception area for consuming food and drink.
8. All material must be treated with respect and not removed from the Research room.
9. All photocopying and scanning is at the discretion of the Archivist, and carried out by staff.
10. All reproductions are to be used only for the personal study or research purposes as set out in the Access and Research Agreement. They may be not be reproduced or transmitted in any form whatsoever without prior written consent.
11. EMI reserve the right to search any visitor.
The EMI Archive Trust Charges RESEARCH CHARGES
The Research Room contains a small library of industry related books and periodicals, which is open free of charge. This material is in the public domain, and can be found in other libraries or book-shops.
If a request for archival material is likely to take more than 10 minutes however, donations are wel- comed in line with the following sliding scale:
Commercial Users: Up to 30 mins £30 Each 15 mins thereafter £15
Non-Commercial Users: Up to 30 mins £10 Each 15 mins thereafter £5
Charities/ Schools: Discretional
N.B. EMI Group Archive Trust staff are currently unable to undertake any research on your behalf.
Photocopying and digital scans are charged at the following rates:
A4 15p A3 20p Digital scans P.O.A
If there is a large amount of material to copy, then the EMI Group Archive Trust reserves the right to levy a charge in proportion to the time taken.
Research Request Form
Your email has been successfully sent! Thank you for contacting us. We will write you as soon as possible.. Please complete all the fields properly!
Your email has been successfully sent! Thank you for contacting us. We will write you as soon as possible..
Please complete all the fields properly!